1.09.2013

Kindness - Part 1




Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” 
― Plato







I have a knee-jerk reaction when people are not nice to me, or are what I perceive 
to be not nice to me.  "Not nice" can mean many things:  anger, impatience, curtness, derision, sarcasm, boredom,  ...

My tendency is to respond in kind. And even if I keep the emotion under wraps, it can ruin my day.

A ruined day because of someone else's stuff?

Well, I've been working on this.  It's not easy but sometimes I'm able to break through and not react negatively.

The thing I try remember is that others have their own shit to deal with and sometimes they throw it at whomever is standing in front of them (both literally and through, say, social media.)

Duck.  Be nice.  Walk away.  Carry a hankie.

More on this later . . .


No comments: